This paper intends to describe the current scenario of community philanthropy in Brazil and worldwide, by defining concepts and mapping important trends and experiences in the field.
This work, which proposes a preliminary approach to the issue, was prepared on the basis of bibliographic and document research, as well as testimonies gathered during interviews held with a number of professionals engaging in philanthropy and private social investment in Brazil. This paper was conceived as an open-ended endeavor, a starting point, which does not purpose to be a complete or finished document, but a kickoff point to a reflection on the practices and experiences surrounding this topic, to contribute to the strengthening of community philanthropy in Brazil.
- Published by
- Brazilian Philanthropy Network for Social Justice (Rede de Filantropia Para a Justica Social)
- Funded by
- Global Fund for Community Foundations (GFCF)
- Instituto C&A
- Instituto Sabin
- Inter-American Foundation
- Issue areas
- Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Document type
- South America (Northeastern) / Brazil
- Copyright 2019 by Brazilian Philanthropy Network for Social Justice (Rede de Filantropia Para a Justica Social). All rights reserved.